The Moon’s Nodes, often called the Dragon’s path and believed to represent the purpose, objective and intention of the individual for an entire lifetime are always placed opposite in the astrological chart. The Nodes clarify the path we need to embrace in order to fulfill our goal. An individual with the South Node in Aries or the 1st house have understood and learned a great deal about assertiveness, confidence, or self-reliance. In fact, there is usually an overdeveloped sense of independence, autonomy and determination.
- The SN in Aries or in the 1st house instinctively knows how to meet personal desires. The individual has learned to satisfy personal needs; they are capable of new beginnings. Moreover, they are born leaders possessing a powerful pioneering energy.
- Whether Aries has been a gentle lamb or a flaming dragon they usually like to win, enjoying freedom and space to develop as an individual. However, this nodal axis is thought to have the most difficulty with a sense of being married because the person does not want a partnership infringing on their individuality. All relationships will be karmic and the soul will be drawn into many situations which help them develop further.
- As a person who knows their own mind, they have developed a strong sense of self. However, with the North Node in Libra or in the 7th house, they are incorporating other people’s needs. The development of the “I” and the ego is powerful, but now they are going to incorporate “we” more into their life.
- The person may be seeking love, thinking it all through and making a commitment in this lifetime. They learn to relate with others and the person is self-aware, but in order to ensure even development, they are becoming more other centered, relationship orientated.
- In the past, the individual may have been headstrong, with a me-first attitude and so more balanced relationships are being developed along with learning more about compromise. Now they can be a combination of strength, passion and determination and bring that fire into relationships being aware of others and not letting the ego get over-involved realizing they don’t have to do everything alone.
- The ability to act on their own is well developed, but now they can help others and also show them the importance of individuality and the strength that is found when one possesses a firm sense of purpose. The individual with North Node in Libra might like to take up art, music, acting, or other creative channels. Counseling may appeal and teaching others how to be independent, self-reliant and abler.
- With the North Node in Libra or the 7th house the greatest growth and area of development happen in the individual’s relationships, through the public and marriage. The person is taking an education on people skills, social success, and study sheets for this nodal direction will provide lessons on creating balance and harmony. The person is learning to share their life with others, to be more peace loving, and be aware of all points of view, ultimately striving for balance without the need for conflict.
- Other valuable teachings involve learning to depend on others, cooperating and learning the art of giving and taking; the polarity teaches the person how to act in moderation. Towards this path, they will begin to question right and wrong, “unfair” and “fair”, should they say “yes” or “no”, and what are the “pros” and “cons” of each action taken. It might mean being less demanding and learning to be sensitive to the reactions of those around them until more mutual sharing will eventually happen. The person may also feel the pendulum swinging from one extreme to the other until a balance is created between the sense of self and others.
If your North Node is in Libra and the South Node is in Aries, you have achieved a great deal of self-confidence from past experience. With a competitive drive, you’ve learned to make swift and critical decisions, concerned mainly with self-interest and self-love in the past. Now you must take all of that self-esteem and spirit of competition and put it to work on behalf of others. Sharing and cooperation are keynotes as you learn to be sensitive to the needs of others. By Lunar Nodes: Discover Your Soul’s Karmic Mission