11 Things: Being a Capricorn
1. The real downer to being a Capricorn is that you are ruled by Saturn/Chronus. It’s not a major bummer per se, but when you’re young, without a doubt, it can be hard to cope with this ‘old man’ image associated with your zodiacal sign. The god governing over Capricorn was the ruler of time and this is where we also acquired the word ‘chronological’. You may read lots of different astrological readings, with many claiming it will all get better with age. You age like a fine wine, increasing in value, but some days you would rather open the darn drink and have some fun. It all sounds great if you’re nearly 40, but not so great when you feel like you are only just beginning life. Nobody wants to be told that the road ahead is long and paved with obstacles, frustration, and banging one’s head against the furniture.
2. As a Capricorn, you are great at keeping promises and unwilling to let others down, therefore, much of this means that you are committed to honoring your duties. However, why does it always feel like you get the ‘boring’ end of the stick. While the other signs are out having a blast and tasting freedom, according to astrological lore, poor Capricorn is caged to some kind of goal 24/7. Why must your inner soul always feel obligated? It’s probably just that you hate buck-passing and must fulfill all responsibility by some kind of internal law. Who’s laughing later, though, when you have your own business, home, and self-respect intact. Yes, Capricorn gets to have the last laugh, it seems. At the highest level, you are capable of defining and fulfilling all the responsibilities sent to you by the board of directors up in the cosmos.
3. As a Capricorn, you are like the mainstay of our civilization, providing the concrete means to fulfill obligations as a member of society. Cappy is usually geared towards the system. Though I have witnessed some naughty devils learning all of the rules and finding loopholes and then getting into trouble. You are not all law abiding citizens, let’s be real.
4. It’s a hard knock life. The kind of results Capricorn people achieve is not gained within a year. In fact, it usually takes double figures. Also, you are not aiming for success for some kind of solar glory. The respect and ‘status’ of such achievements it what is usually desired, a need for material security also features high on the list. After all, few young people achieve such success and so it is much later when you earn the prestige factor.
5. Capricorn’s archetypal images are: The Father, The Elder, The Authority (powerful symbols to live up to), you must push towards this kind of excellence in this evolutionary journey.
6. It’s you, Capricorn, who gets to hold the rule book. This often this means that you’re in charge, the boss, the chief, the president, the head, the chairman, the manager, and the controller (let’s admit it, those titles have nice rings around them, just like Saturn). All Capricorn astrological related things, they have a tendency of moving us towards order, boundaries, and rules. Without them, everything would be chaotic, just think of the acts of rebellion and revolt with people running across borders without permission, running through red lights, violence, and pure vandalism.
7. Depression may factor at times in your life. You place so much weight and responsibility and obligation on those gorgeous shoulders. Over time, something gives. The psyche begins to feel the pressure and may get resentful and bitter. Perhaps you live with some element of isolation and loneliness. Yes Capricorn stuff can also entail some of the most crappiest feelings in the world. Feelings can often be contained and it is difficult for such a soul, as yourself, to unburden these burdens onto all and sundry. You have never been one for crying and feel embarrassed or self-conscious about even the most trivial of feeling. Feeling down occurs through feelings of disappointment and too many let-downs for one soul to bear. Capricorn has been known to be stuck with a permanent melancholy, but this is only because your reality is felt so deeply, along with all of its flaws, regrets, and failures. In Psychology, they say that just before success happens it’s like ONE BIG TEST comes to meet us, sounds scary.
8. We should really throw something karmic on the table now, to spice things up. Your sign, Capricorn, apparently did not take the high road on the last trip of life, and you are left in this lifetime with guilt and shame to deal with. No wonder nobody ever told you this. Heavy stuff! However, you are supposed to have a steely resolution, this time, and plan on succeeding.
9. As a Capricorn, you may often give yourself mini-parental lectures when self-talking.
10. You must also wrestle with demons and this is usually what is limiting the full potential of your spirit, weighing you down.
11. You must master something completely. It all sounds like a tall order, but luckily you possess the goods to deliver, only as long as you always pick yourself up after every fall.
No one, fortunately perhaps, is all Capricorn, anymore than any one person can embody or exclusively manifest any one of the signs; but for the man or woman who wants to succeed in the world, the chart can hold no better ingredient than Capricorn. To have even one planet in Capricorn can give ambition in matters to do with the planet, sign or house involved. Astrologically Speaking by Ingrid Lind