1.Venus is the goddess of beauty and erotic love affairs.
2. Venus in astrology is tied to partnership in a big way. We can glean our attitudes about romance and what type of people we are attracted towards from this L.O.V.E planet. It also governs over sharing, equality, appearances, and harmony.
3. Venus is a major aphrodisiac and if you keep falling for the wrong type over and over, then blame this tramp. She governs those heady perfumes that draw us towards a particular scent we find attractive or love-type. Liz Greene has referred to Venus as a whore in the Inner Planets, and she truly loves to be naked as the day she was born (Aphrodite not Liz Greene!), unashamed of the physical body.
4. Venus rules over Taurus and Libra, an earth and air kind of feeling. The sensual and the aesthetic. The possessive and jealous love and the ideal and theoretical.
5. This heavenly body, Venus, is both the Morning and the Evening Star.
6. Venus often plays a large part in our sense of self-value and worth. The planet has a great deal to do with one’s general physical attractiveness. On one level, it represents our need to be loved and to feel beautiful, attractive, worthy of affection. It is believed that supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved. Let’s not forget how self-esteem can be ruined by a cheating partner if we allow it, and low self-worth is often reflected in difficult relationships.
7. Who we love defines who we want to become.
8. In myth, Venus was often inimical to marriage since those cupid arrows which are aimed at humans are often consisted of attractions to those already married or they are compulsive and indifferent to any kind of moral feeling. In some ways, she is a danger to marriage, and even some Astro-books warn us about allowing a Taurus or Libran woman into our life, near our men (hisses), especially those powerfully influenced by Venus. Such warnings are made because Venusian women possess an inclination to want to swan off with our man (a tad overboard, but I will still take note ;-p).
9. Venus is a benefic planet and relates to joy and happiness. It is probably why traditional astrologers forewarn of depression and low feelings of self-worth and unhappiness when Venus is highly challenged in the natal chart. Moreover, she is associated with physical pleasure, including all the beauty we behold with our eyes, and that we perceive through our hearing senses and tasting. In its purest form, Venus is associated with music and art, also being symbolic of material pleasures such as food, drink, and possessions.
10. Occupationally, Venus rules all professions dealing with music, fashion, make-up, cosmetics, jewelry designers, and florists.